The City of Fridley requires all dogs over the age of six months be licensed and vaccinated against rabies (City Code Section 101.07). We do not require cats to be licensed.
By applying for a license, the owner acknowledges that it is their responsibility to keep the dog’s rabies vaccination current once the license is issued. Fridley dog licenses are issued for the lifetime of the dog, or until its ownership is transferred within Fridley. The license fee is $25.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 763-571-3450 or info@FridleyMN.gov..
How to Fill Out a Dog License Application
- Log in or create an account on CitizenServe.
- Select Services, then Business Licenses and finally, Apply for a License.
- Set Sub Type to Lifetime Dog License.
- Fill out address.
- Enter pet information.
- Hit Submit and you will receive a confirmation email.
- License and metal tag will be mailed to owner.
*Step by step PowerPoint (PDF) is also available.
- The City allows for up to three dogs or cats (or a combination) at any residence. For properties with 4 or more pets, a Multiple Pet License is available. To apply for a Multiple Pet License, you must first have a Lifetime Dog License.
- There is no hunting allowed in the city.
- Prohibited animals include any non-domesticated animal or animal that is wild in nature or disposition including large cats (lions, tigers, cougars, etc), membors of the Candiae family (wolves, foxes, coyotes, dingoes and jackals), skunks, raccoons, bears, badgers, poisonous snakes, pit vipers or constrictors.
- You must apply for and be granted a license to have any kind of livestock. Each case will be determined on an individual basis determined by factors such as property type and size, fences, sanitation control and housing of the animal(s).
Stray animals are picked up by our Community Service Officers (CSO) and are taken to Dover Kennels located at 16422 Hanson Blvd in Andover. If you lost a pet without tags, please contact the kennel at 763-434-7332 to see if it is in their care.
Owners are responsible for any fees or costs incurred while at Dover Kennels. The City of Fridley is not responsible for the costs of housing, feeding or care while being housed at Dover Kennels.
Look Up a License
Find a lost dog? Our Citizen Serve portal allows people to look up dog owner information by the metal dog tag number located on the collar. Go to CitizenServe.com/Fridley and select Reports.