Sylvan Hills Park
|Address||6204 Jupiter Road NE|
|Start Date||Fall 2024|
|Current Status||Implementation Planning|
|Special Use||Flood Storage|
Neighborhood park servicing neighborhood #24 but with improved pedestrian access can also help alleviate recreational needs for neighborhoods #31 and housing development area D as noted on the Service Area Analysis Map. This park contains a parking lot that is easily overlooked, a ballfield, single tennis court, full basketball court and a playground at the northern road intersection. The park has water storage that sits in the southern portion of the park.
Plan Your Park Event - August 24
Join us for a community meeting at Sylvan Hills Park on Thursday, August 24 from 5:30-7 p.m. to view future playground concepts and give your feedback.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can also submit your input via an online survey.
General recommendations includes replacement of existing amenities with layout modifications for an improved recreational experience and improved safety.
- Remove ballfield and convert to lowgrow lawn
- New trails to create internal loop, connect to amenities and connect to crosswalks
- New playground in more central location for improved safety and access from the parking lot to meet varying age groups
- ADA compliant playground surfacing (engineered wood fiber)
- Concrete playground border
- Add unique or challenge equipment piece as focal point of park on the north
- Add gateway feature (public art, small garden or or architectural element)
- New full basketball court (replaces tennis court which is removed in entirety)
- Site furnishings with common characteristic (benches, tables, receptacles, bike racks, drinking fountain, etc.)
- Wayfinding signs
- Additional park signs
- Security light