Plymouth Square Park
|4801 Main Street NE
This small neighborhood park services neighborhood #40 in the southernmost portion of Fridley with a playground and full basketball court. There is a large open lawn that once had a ballfield and only the players benches remain with a chain link fence around the majority of the park. The park feels very old and outdated.
A community meeting was held on July 27 to evaluate playground options for the park. An online survey was also available to receive resident feedback. These responses will be taken into consideration when selecting the specific playground design.
General recommendations includes full redevelopment with a new layout to make the most of the park land available with a broader range of amenities for an improved recreational experience.
- Landscape enhancements
- New playground equipment meeting a broader range of ages in a new location
- ADA compliant playground surfacing (engineered wood fiber)
- Concrete playground border
- Basketball half court (confirm option of full or half court with neighborhood)
- Single tennis court (if only a half basketball court is installed)
- Picnic shelter with 2 tables and outlet on a central plaza
- Open lawn
- Trail connections
- Site furnishings with common characteristic (benches, tables, receptacles, bike racks, drinking fountain, etc.)
- New ornamental or black vinyl clad chain link fencing where necessary
- Wayfinding signs
- Security light