|5815 Arthur Street NE
|Open Space Conservation Area
|Stormwater storage; Natural resources
This natural resource based conservation park contains a mixture of ecological areas from wetlands to woodlands. The site contains natural surfaced trails and interpretive/educational signs. There is a small parking area and bike racks off of Arthur Street and several neighborhood trail access points.
Recommendations and Estimate of Probable Costs
General recommendations include ongoing natural resource management for improved resiliency and habitat. General improvements to focus on infrastructure to support appropriate site use and programming opportunities for passive use recreation. There may be opportunities to expand upon the park land and trail system through acquisition of an uninhabited lot by the park entrance and an additional trail connection to Gardena Avenue, as feasible.
- Natural resource management with a focus on improved water quality and natural systems with reduced invasive species
- Enhance entrance by parking lot with improved signage and amenities
- Improve trail surfacing with aggregate and stabilization where needed with admixture
- Drinking fountain with pet bowl
- Dog waste stations
- New interpretive and wayfinding signage throughout the park
- Seating and viewing areas
- Optional trail expansion to Gardena Ave.
- Optional land acquisition for small nature center building for programming and restrooms
- Site furnishings with common characteristics (benches, tables, receptacles, bike racks, drinking fountain, etc.)
- Security light
The estimate of probable costs for completing the recommendations shown range from approximately $300,000 to $385,000 for base preferred improvements and an additional $200,000 to $290,000 for deferred or alternate improvements.