Edgewater Gardens Park
|Address||138 Creek Park Lane|
|Start Date||June 2024|
|End Date||November 2024|
|Current Status||Implementation Planning|
|Park Type||Neighborhood Park|
|Special Use||Mississippi River Regional Trail|
Edgewater Gardens Park is linear in shape and adjoins the Mississippi River Regional Trail. A pedestrian bridge provides a safe connection to nearby neighborhoods. A cell tower and stormwater management areas are also planned in or near the park. Open lawn spaces are shared with the adjacent church.
Plan Your Park Event - August 10
Join us for a community meeting at Edgewater Gardens Park on Thursday, August 10 from 5:30-7 p.m. to view future playground concepts and give your feedback.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can also submit your input via an online survey.
Recommendations and Estimate of Probable Costs
General recommendations include confirming an updated site layout with the neighborhood for an improved experience meeting a broad range of user groups and making use of the regional trail connection.
- Landscape enhancements with optional ornamental garden
- Convert turf to low-grow and/or bee-friendly mixture for open lawn spaces
- New expanded playground meeting broader range of challenge levels and age groups with ADA compliant playground surfacing (engineered wood fiber) and rubber surfacing or tiles at primary access points and high-wear areas
- Concrete playground border
- Relocated single tennis court (optional pickleball overlay)
- Relocated larger basketball court
- Exercise stations
- Picnic shelter with 4-6 tables (permanent restrooms optional)
- Four parallel parking stalls to allow for safety and accessibility due to larger service area
- Site furnishings with common characteristic (benches, tables, receptacles, bike racks, drinking fountain, etc.)
- Trailhead amenities (bike fix-it station, drinking fountain, kiosk, etc.)
- Expanded walks/trails for improved accessibility and loop route
- Optional community gardens with arbor seating and storage shed
- Wayfinding signs
- Security light
The estimate of probable costs for completing the recommendations shown range from approximately $550,000 to $773,000 for base preferred improvements and an additional $512,000 to $718,000 for deferred or alternate improvements.